Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 12 Blog (^_*)

Explore http://voicethread.com/  and tell me how you feel about it.


Would you use it for your lesson plan?
I really enjoyed the different features of this website.  When you visit the page, you almost immediately are introduced to its many features.  The site really helps explain what a voice thread is and how it works very nicely.  The examples given on the website about the many different ways people use the website, really helps with the understanding.

Would you use it in the real classroom?
I would definitely use this tool in my classroom.  The way that everything is constructed really gives every student a chance to express their thoughts and their views when they want to. They would not have to wait to be called on like they would in a regular classroom setting.  The different tools for commenting also allow more visual freedom for the students as well. 

Conclusion.
The voice thread tool is something that I feel will help many classroom in any subject.  It would be something that I would prefer to use in my current online classes as opposed to the way they are operated now.  This tool; is a great way to have class outside of the classroom.  I would love to use this tool in in my classroom.  Voice thread is gives great instructions on how to use the program, and they are very easy to follow.  I can not wait to experiment with this in my classroom when I begin teaching.

Reference
What's a voicethread anyway. (2007). [Web]http://voicethread.com/

7 comments:

  1. I like that you thought of them not having to wait to be called on. Then they could get their idea out while they still have it.

    EW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought that the site was very helpful. They did a great job at putting together all of the videos to show the programs features and how they work. Voicethread looks like a very fun and interactive way to share ideas and give and receive feedback from others.

    Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great point; you said that they could use this instead of having students raise thier hands in class. This could great to in critical thinking assignments as well. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great blog this site is truly amazing, although I disagree about using it in the classroom you made strong points supporting your case

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you said I thought the site was put together very well. Also what you said about them voicing their opinions and not having to wait to be called on is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the web site a lot and I would use it in my classroom also. I love the 5 different ways to comment on the website. It does allow the children to have their own way of expressing themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this tool is great for visual and auditory learners!

    ReplyDelete